Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

9" without Power!

We woke up on Sunday to a wintery white once again. The temperatures had gotten down to 3 degrees over night and our house was super duper cold.

We bundled up in our layers of clothing and went about our day. Around 10:30 am the power went out!

We tried to not let it affect us too much, and went outside in the snow for a bit.

The roads had been plowed, which made it much easier for Lucas to stroll about the road.
Snow covered yard once again!


After the last snow, we made sure to aquire a SNOW SHOVEL!
Such a novel idea!
One never thinks of owning one until one actually needs one.

We were ahead of the game and purchased one after the stores had restocked their shelves following the last storm.


We also aquired this nifty toddler sled, which I found on clearance at Tar-jay.
Richard was skeptical of getting it.

The babies are VERY happy with our purchase.

Our noseless snowman!

A snowy street walk.
Don't think I am a wuss.
I was pulling Lucas, but I wanted to take pictures and he wanted Daddy to pull him.

We took them for a wagon ride, thinking we could pull both kids.
But Lucas wanted to walk.
And Meredith wanted to nap.

So I took Mere home, and let her take her nap.
We spent the afternoon wishing for hot cocoa and crossing our fingers that the power would come on soon.
We ended up having a candlelight dinner of lunchmeat, fruit and cheese.
(No bread because we are watching our carbs. ;))

Lucky for us, the power came on in time for BEDTIME!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails