Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow is bitter cold!

Late Friday evening, a storm moved in to create another winter wonderland in our yard....

I am not sure of the final snow count, because we measured after the storm had stopped, with a reading of 9.5 inches.

For the first time in my life, I made(and ate) Snow Creme -- which is otherwise known as "ice cream" made from snow. I have missed out on this alleged tradition for 27 years now. So with a little milk, vanilla and sugar my kids had a few moments of frozen goodness....
Richard thought it was disgusting, but the kids thought it was wonderful!
Lucas preferred his with a TON of sprinkles...


After lunch we bundled up (despite my protests) and headed out for a bit a "fun" in the 18 degree temperatures.
Call me a party pooper, but I despise being cold.
So I braved the windy, snowy, cold for a few snaps of the kiddos.
Life is about those Kodak moments, afterall.

Meredith, after a ride down the driveway in our brand new sled!
We were prepared for this snow!

Lucas, Walking in a winter wonderland
Daddy and Mere


Lucas was knee deep in the white stuff...
(that's 8" for those who were curious!)
Meredith decided to call it quits.
I rejoiced and walked up the snowy driveway to find us some blankets.
Lucas and Daddy decided to stay out a big longer.
Lucas continuously pulled the sled up and down the driveway.
Who thought an empty sled would be so much fun?

1 comment:

Sarah-Anne said...

Wow, you really are getting a LOT of snow this winter!

Another delicious treat is maple syrup drizzled on snow. Yummmmmmmmy!!!!! Btw, Stan disagrees, and says we'll get dysentary or something from eating snow... but I disagree with him, as I love to eat snow:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails