Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Tattoo Me Please

In our house, we try to make a BIG deal about successes in the bathroom. Potty training has been such a struggle for us all. Rich and I are often reminded of how terrible we thought it was to potty train Dixie -- THAT was a piece of cake compared to a child.

Nonetheless, if you have a slam dunk in the toilet, we reward with a choice of temporary tattoo.

It is a "permanent" reminder of the success, which I feel is much better than rewarding with a piece of candy. We tried the potty chart/sticker idea, but that failed quickly because they wanted to HOLD the paper or stickers. Crumpled stickers or paper are not a great reminder of potty success!

Our next goal is to have consistency, and have them wear more than one tattoo at a time.

Lucas checking out Meredith's tattoo after she poopied in the potty!



Both showing off their tattoos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea! I am going to have to remember this once Kai decides he is ready.

Sara said...

Mere pooped in the potty!!?? Awesome! I really like the tattoo idea also...a lasting reminder. You are such a smart girl! That's a Randy-Mac'er for ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails