Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Valentine's!

We started off Valentine's Day trying out a different church in the area. We don't feel excited about going to the church we have been attending - so we finally decided to try somewhere different instead of not going.

No one was impressed, and we went home with two children who were very traumatized by the whole ordeal. I wasn't even sure if they were my children for a while...

To try to regain the ones I know and love, I pulled out their Valentine gifts. I know it probably wasn't a great idea to share BEFORE we had eaten lunch, but it definately brightened their spirits.

Meredith digging deep for the goods...


Lucas, not looking very impressed with his dinosaur card and candy filled heart....

Mere BEGGING us to open her chocolate marshmallow!
(She insisted on wearing her tutu to church!)

Daddy reading Mere her card...

Lucas presenting me with a heart that we made together.

He asked for it back after he gave it to me....


We made a heart by melting broken crayons. Just for future reference, it is not a good idea to break crayons in front of your kids. This encourages them to do the same. Only, I had collected crayons from restaurants specifically for this purpose and needed to break them to create the mixture of colors.

The rest of the day was pretty low key.

Shoveling snow, straightening the house, and exercising.

Our Valentine Dinner included Baked Salmon, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli and Garlic Bread.

Everything was super yummy and we finished the night with "If You Give a Pig a Pancake!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry the new church was a bit of a disaster for you guys. I really hope that you find a church family that you love soon.
Your dinner sounds so good, I am going to have to make salmon next week now. =)

Sarah-Anne said...

Eek, what happened at church!?

So glad the rest of your day was lovely :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails