Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rollover Meals!

Our meal plan for last week included steak - which really means, I saw it on sale at the store and picked it up on the cheap.

But, we ended up with leftover steak.

Later in the week, I sliced it up and heated it in the skillet. I seasoned it a bit more - adding cumin and more garlic to change up the flavor. My intention was steak fajitas.

For extra bulk, I made Mexican rice....a Lipton packaged one, thank you very much. I know, I really hate these things, but this was particularly delicious paired with the steak inside of the tortilla.

But then, I needed to roll the leftover rice into another meal. I racked my brain until I remembered...

Salsa chicken!

Just season your chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic and cumin.
Add 2 big tablespoons of salsa per piece of chicken.
Bake for 30 minutes at 375*.
Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake for 5 minutes until melted.

Add a dollop of sour creme and stick a fork in it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails