Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pumpkin Pickin'

Today, we traveled to a pumpkin patch not too far from our home.
The land had a lovely pond and the leaves had slowly begun to change.


I read this sign with an automatic NO in front of it.
We had to back up our car to settle the argument of what the sign really said.
Richard won this one.
I took a photo as proof....it's not everyday you see a sign that tells you to go skinny dipping.
Lots of pumpkins greeted us at the entrance....

more pumpkins...


They also had the most beautiful mums! We debated for a while over getting some....
Lucas was VERY excited about all the pumpkins. He knew exactly what to do at the "patch."
(The pumpkins were ready and had to be picked, so they were spread out in a field).

Meredith found her pumpkin and carefully carried it around with us.
Lucas and him pumpkin


Meredith showing off her choice.

She walked around again, before deciding that her pumpkin was a keeper.

Color variations


Daddy and Meredith on hay bales!

Lucas had a BLAST inside the hay maze.
He ran around so many times, even after he had found his way out.
His joy always melts my heart.

Lucas posed for us on the hay Bear!

Lucas waited and waited for the hay ride to be done, so we could have our turn.

Meredith brought her pumpkin for the ride.

I felt like I was back in Oklahoma!

minature Donkey

The field of cattle



The day was absolutely gorgeous. The rain had cleared up and it was overcast.
The sky looked amazing. I couldn't quite capture it.

Meredith smelling the flowers.

Meredith not ready to go.

This was such a fun day for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place. It looks like you guys had the whole place to yourselves. You take such great pictures of your kids.

Related Posts with Thumbnails