Anywho, his requests were a baked ziti with sausage for his birthday dinner. I searched around a bit until I found a recipe (that I could have made up myself) and decided to go with it.
My ziti included italian sausage, spinach, cheese, diced tomatoes, and I added extra pasta sauce for good measure. After one go around the table, we hardly put a dent in it!
Lucas made sure to only eat the noodles and nothing else. We agreed that it was yummy, but not quite as creamy as we would like it to be. I need to experiement next time.
Rich went back for seconds -- The rest was sent to the neighbors, so we wouldn't be eating ziti for the next three days.
After dinner, we had a birthday song for Daddy.
He requested chocolate cupcakes this year...a HUGE surprise since he always wants a cheesecake. I was even prepared with new cheesecake recipes to try.
Lighting the candle!
Afterwards, Lucas insisted that we relight the candle and sing "Happy Birthday" to him.
That kid is nuts I tell you.
2 comments:
I love the picture of the kids helping Rich blow out the candle! And I laughed pretty hard that Lucas wanted you to relight the candle and sing him happy birthday. Sounds like a great night.
The ziti was awesome and the neighbors loved it! But I feel bad that I totally forgot that it was Rich's birthday. i wish you had reminded me. The cupcakes you sent over were great too!
Post a Comment