Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Toddler Trees

With the holiday season among us, what better way to start the season than to get the little trees out of the way.

I purchased a small pink 3' tree at the end of season clearance last year. I also picked up some balls and ribbon to go on it. The ribbon is matchy to her room, green and pink, and doesn't really pop from the tree like I had envisioned.....I may be doing some more work to this tree - but that requires a trip to Michael's without children, and that is not in my cards anytime soon.
I also used ribbon to tie her ornaments to the branches, which was the smartest thing I have done since yesterday. She is physically unable to yank them off the tree.

She LOVES her tree and tells it "night night" every night. She is posing with her tree, and two singing dogs that she got for Christmas last year from my grandfather.

Lucas' tree is a bit taller than Meredith's - measuring in at 4'. It is a bit darker than I would have liked, but sometimes you take what you can get. Lucas decided he wanted red ornaments (I pushed hard for mulitcolored and he would have none of that!)

He and Meredith decorated the tree one morning this week. Here is he posing in matching red jammies and his puppy dog.


Lucas is very excited about his tree as well. Every time someone comes over he asked to show them his tree MULTIPLE times! He is nuts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the toddler tree idea, super cute. Kai says goodnight to our tree too.

Rebekah said...

I'm going to ask the question I'm sure I know the answer to: are these just decoration? Or will anything go under them?

Related Posts with Thumbnails