Richard was skeptical, but he is a skeptic no more. The snow began to fall on Friday afternoon, just as I was pulling into the grocery store parking lot. I arrived home with time to bundle up the babies before it got dark to let them see the beauty and magic that was falling from the sky.
Lucas happily made footprints on the newly fallen snow...
Mere was quite timid and didn't want to venture out too far from the door.
Tasting a bit of the white stuff...
Exploring.
The trees in our backyard...
Daddy and Lucas catching snow in their mouths...
I love how you can see the breath in the air....
and yes, I know my child doesn't have on shoes or a coat....
He returned for shoes to make his mini-snowman
Then we convienced him to go inside...
But the snow fell all night. This photo is a good showing of how much we had that morning. The slide is on level ground and is nearly covered!
Our snow marker on the patio table....We were at 17" at this point in the morning
But when all was said and done, we made it up to about 19.5"
The babies begged to go outside, but were miserable once out there. They could not move - even after Richard dug a few paths for us.
I believe Meredith lasted all of 10 minutes...Lucas, MAYBE 20 minutes.
They were adorable while it lasted though.
2 comments:
WOW! You guys did get a lot of snow. I love the pictures of you guys enjoying it the night it was falling.
I agree with the kids - it was too much snow to be fun - it was hard to walk in! I'm amazed that you went to the grocery store - were you even able to find any milk or bread??
Post a Comment