Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

$5 Alfredo

I am super behind on food posts.  We have had lots of yummy dinners come out of our kitchen. 
 Forgive me! 
Perhaps, this can make you feel better? 

Fetuccine Alfredo, Chicken and Broccoli!
Amazingly delicious I tell you!

And while I was making it, I calculated how it was only $5 to feed us with tons of leftovers for lunch.


Here are the ingredients:
Broccoli - 1 16 oz bag-  $1
Fettucine Noodles - half a box - $0.50
Chicken Tenders, cubed and sauted in olive oil with S/P-
1/2 lb - on sale $1.24
Classico Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce - $1.50
Garlic Texas Toast $0.50

I have made homemade Alfredo sauce before.  And I have a healthy version of the recipe that a friend sampled, that I want to try. 

But until then, this is wonderful in my book
In the words of my babies "Yum!"

2 comments:

Shelly said...

That is one of my favorite "easy, but delicious" dishes to make. I buy the jarred sauce too to save time.

Anonymous said...

I love easy, simplistic, AND cheap meals! Let me know when you try that alfredo sauce and what you think of it.

P.S. I will email you a sour cream enchilada sauce I found.

Related Posts with Thumbnails