Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Avett Brothers

You may not know this about me, but in college I was part of the Activities Council.  We planned all the major events on campus. 

I really enjoyed being a part of the planning process.....I have a friend who actually went into event planning after college and is very successful..... 

I still dream about it.  But until then, I will stick to planning birthday parties for my children....

One of the things for which the Activites Council was responsible included bringing music to the campus. 

I don't remember how we found them, but we invited this band to the school.
We absolutely LOVED them.

The Avett Brothers were a group from Charlotte, NC just getting their feet wet. 

They were young and attractive.
They were very bluegrassy. 
They were lovely.
They had just recorded a record with only a few songs.  I have the album autographed.

Now they are breaking it big. 
They have signed with Columbia Records.
They have been on talk shows. 
They are on the mainstream radio. 

I will link you to their current cut "I and Love and You":




I know this music isn't for everyone...but that goes for every style. 
But I think it is pretty cool that my school helped act as a platform for getting this band on its feet. 

I hope they stand tall for a long while.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails