Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Brownies

I have attempted brownies from scratch COUNTLESS times....never once having them turn out perfectly.

A few years ago, I made the mistake of trying a new recipe and taking the end result to a friend's house (who had invited multiple couples over). 

Now, I doubt that they remember me as "the gal who makes HORRIBLE brownies."
Unfortunately, I remember. 

They stuck. 

They crumbled.

They were barely edible.

I did muster up my baking pride to try another recipe.....again failing.
You know it is bad when Lucas turns chocolate down.

So shopping the other day, Richard was overjoyed at the jackpot we encountered.

Brownies for $0.50! 


Yes, as modeled by the lovely Meredith, I realize that they are Halloween Brownies. 
I certainly don't care. 

I was just helping the bad economy. 

We walked out with TEN boxes of Halloween brownies.
(I know you are thinking this is quite excessive, but a box of brownies is like $2.00 MSRP.
The "sell by" date is well beyond when we will eat them).

Richard insisted that I pose with my saving grace....the boxed brownie.


Thank you Big Lots, you never let me down!

(This post is dedicated to my favorite Uncle and Aunt who live in Roanoke!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome deal!
I'm glad that Richard made you pose with all those boxes of brownies.

Rebekah said...

Ok, tell me please, why so many boxes?? Not that I have been able to make true brownies either....

Related Posts with Thumbnails