Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

April Showers....

I was beginning to think that Mother Nature lost the memo....April showers, bring May flowers. Rain has fallen from the sky every day since May began. I was so surprised when it stopped raining this afternoon and the sun emerged!


We had to act quickly, in the event another rain storm passed through (which does happen - it is the season for it). So we all found our shoes and went outside.
And despite Mother Nature not properly schedule rain, she did grace our front flower bed with those May flowers!

So I took pictures before the deer discovered them....
Unknown flower...They look like little bells.
This is the ONLY bloom on the azalea bush.

There are an insane amount of blooms on the rhodondendron bush! Five of them have opened.

Lucas with a buttercup.

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Your flowers look good. I wish I had blooms like that. Want to come help garden?

Rich Connaroe said...

Yeah, I forgot how nice flowers can look. I hope that the deer do not get them too quickly.

Avatr1x said...

The unknown flower is actually the official flower of May, the Lilly of the Valley.

Mary said...

Oh, someone beat me to it (I guess that's what happens when you're a week late reading your posts)...but yeah, the Lily of the Valley is my favorite flower...aren't they adorable? I had them in my wedding bouquet and Jeff's corsage (or whatever it's called).

Related Posts with Thumbnails