Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I must be losing my mind....

I once dreamt of living in a neat and tidy home, where everything was in its place....the toys were hidden from plain view when guest came over.

However, I am afraid, not have I become the most unorganized person I know (which is not saying a lot since I don't seem to know many people anymore), but plastic has also taken over my home.

When Richard was home, we purchased Sesame Street vinyl placemats for the babies. We happily ate off of our "adult" cloth placemats, and I "hid" the kiddie placemats underneath when not in use.

Let me just tell you, that didn't last long. Lucas wanted to eat at a chair like Mommy....with a placemat like Mommy. And all I ended up with was a mess to clean up on my cool "adult" placemats and a headache from fighting with him about it before I gave in.

So yes, I have FOUR Sesame Street vinyl placemats on my table now. They are permanently there.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sesame Street. I absolutely LOVED Big Bird as a child....so much that I pocketed a stuffed animal while my mom was Christmas shopping. (I did have to return it, because I couldn't keep my mouth shut until I got home.)

I can actually still remember all the words from a song in the movie "Big Bird Goes to Japan". Which is a great movie...I wonder if they still have it available....

But seriously, I never imagined that I would succumb to my children's needs that I allowed this to happen.

In other news, I cannot express the sadness I just felt when I reached into the freezer for an ice cream sandwhich, and came out empty handed. However did I let that happen??

2 comments:

Sarah-Anne said...

Having Sesame Street place-mats does NOT mean plastic has taken over your home, nor does it mean that you don't have a neat and tidy home! Your home is lovely. Sesame Street place-mats are evidence of your sweet little ones.

Is your table new? I like it :) It looks different from the one I remember when I visited your beautiful, lovely, neat and organized and tidy home ;)

Rich Connaroe said...

Don't forget, Love, those placemats are educational. Alphabet, Numbers, Shapes. Important stuff. And they are relatively easy to clean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails