keeps sending me free panty coupons. I enjoy it, it gives me a reason to go into town. Having a mission is always better than free floating....
I plan a trip to Charlottesville once a week to give us something different to do.
Lucas enjoys it, and I have certainly seen his progression by taking these trips. He is becoming more patient with being out, and I am learning to be more patient with him and trying to entertain him. So there is no more screaming to get out of the stroller or cart - no screaming if I stop moving - no screaming if I actually go into a store at the mall....
So we enjoy a lunch at Chick-fil-A. Lucas sits like a big boy at the table and dips his nuggets in the ketchup. He is so adorable dipping.
And then he gets to play in the playground at the mall.
You would be surprised how many people I actually have a conversation with while I am out. Of course, they are always elderly people who begin to comment on how beautiful my children are, then go on and on about how 1) they have children as close in age as mine, 2) have grandchildren who are as close in age as mine, 3) how great it must be to have such happy, beautiful children.
The people who don't actually converse with me are the ones who just comment on how full my hands are. I always resist the urge to say something rude. I wish that I could come up with something clever to say to people when they say it....
If you come up with any suggestions, please let me know...
Lucas has also gotten bored with his book selection, so bedtime has become a nightmare. I picked up a couple new books by Sandra Boynton - Blue Hat, Green Hat and Moo, Baa, La La La La, and also What's Up Duck? by Tad Hills.
He is sooo excited to be reading these new books, and I am excited too. There are only so many times you can read But Not the Hippopatomus before you read it with your eyes closed.
Wood Mantle with Hidden Storage
3 years ago
5 comments:
How I long for the day when Porter will sit in the cart without screaming and getting out.....
I hate that I can't have fried food, because I miss the good ole Chick place. I feel like I am depriving Porter of chicken nugget and fries happiness.
I love, love Sandra Boynton, but I wish that I wasn't so cheap and would just buy the books! Why do they have to be so dang expensive??
Robyn! They have salads and grilled chicken and wraps! You can totally eat there. And then get fruit instead of fries.
And I only buy books at discount stores - or there is always amazon!
Not only am I missing out on the new books but also the secrets
I love sandra boynton. did you know there are music cd's too? they are awesome. We go to the library for "new" books about once a week and there are usually a couple that we end up reading over and over. This week it's A Beautiful Girl aka the Elephant book and Puff the Magic Dragon which I am permitted to sing (it comes with a cd of Peter [of peter, paul, and mary] singing. After we read and turn out the light I've been putting it on. I'm going to have to buy our own.
I finally called VS's to stop them sending me catalogs.
Post a Comment