Christmas Eve got off to a rocky start.
We woke up on time, which never happens.
We packed the car, and dressed.
But just as I was accessorizing, Meredith threw up on her dress, in my closet.
Luckily, I reacted fast enough that I caught it in a canvas beach hat.
I cleaned her and we were on our way.
Can I remind you it was Christmas, so I didn't have a lot of other options to dress her festively?
Along the two and half hour ride, Meredith threw up three more times.
Quite miserable I tell you.
Quickly, a two and a half hour ride turned into a four hour drive.
She was only getting up clear fluid thankfully (which we accounted to drainage issues), but the car still smelled like throw up.
Along our way, we were driving down the interstate, calculating what time we would arrive, when a large metal object fell off the underside of a car in front of us.
The metal object flew into the air and bounced off our hood, onto the windshield in front of me.
Now, when I say large, I mean it was the size of a small child.
I have no idea what this thing was, but it was quite scary as it crashed right into my face!
Thankfully, the object did not break the glass or harm anyone.
Instead, it left a ding in our windshield.
My husband (after consulting with my policeman father), decided to follow and flag down the person driving the vehicle at fault.
I thought it sounded completely and utterly ridiculous.
But I guess I didn't get a vote.
So Rich followed and flagged down this car.
Lucky for us, the driver was accepting of us and didn't break bad and start shooting us.
Instead, she was stubborn and refused to exhange insurance information.
So we waited for a police officer to arrive.
We waited...
and waited...
and waited.
And ONE HOUR later, the police finally arrived.
Once we finally settled, we were on our way again.
So we arrived a little later than planned (by the way, we were going to my grandfather's home - the same as we have since I was little!)
I was on my LAST Christmas themed outfit and I said a prayer that Meredith was alright.
My grandfather's Christmas tree...
Since you say you never get to see me :)
As usual, the food was amazing and we had an awesome time being in each other's company.
Which is really what it is all about anyways....
We all made out like bandits!
Not that we stole anything....
Rich received his beloved popcorn popper - which was the only thing he REALLY wanted!
Lucas walked away with dinosaurs galore, a a fireman costume.
Mere and Lucas both received a ton of food for their kitchen.
And Meredith walked away with her most requested item! BARBIES!
We also got a ton of baby doll accessories....diapers and bottles and the like that entertain her for hours!
As for me, I got a super warm jacket and two scarves....
And a special present from my hubby.
But maybe that deserves its own post.
And if you didn't realize, I am just posting this a month late.
No worries right?
No comments:
Post a Comment