Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Cookies and Pretend Gingerbread

Lucas was begged and begged to make Christmas cookies even straight after Christmas.
So it was only appropriate that he helps with a Santa apron on!


And we did bake Christmas cookies!  
Have you ever tried the recipe to make cookies from a cake mix

They were definately a favorite!

I will get into other recipes we tried later....

We also had plans to make a gingerbread house, but I think I found a new tradition. 
We are constanly using the foam stickers to make crafts.

Wandering around Michaels one afternoon while Richard was at an appointment, I came across these foam kits to make a gingerbread house.

The kit was listed ages 8 and up, but I found that disclaimer necessary only if you are just going to leave the kit with your kids without supervision.  It was super easy and fun for the kids.  And there was less mess and waste and less stress compared to a cookie/candy gingerbread house. 


Lucas and Meredith were so proud of their creation! 

We definately will continue this as a tradition over the next few years! 





1 comment:

Rebekah said...

We did the foam gingerbread house too. I wanted to get away from gross sweets and the waste of tossing it later. It went pretty well, thoughwe couldn't get everything to stick properly. I think we needed to use better glue. However we ended up making two of the sugar houses anyway, one at her school party and one with Nana on Christmas. We also bought a gingerbread man kit at Trader Joes. The sweetswere better ingredients and you could eat the cookie without breaking a tooth. It didn't taste great but it was still an improvement. All our decorations went away on Saturday. I had it all up for about a month and a half and I wasn't sad this year to take it down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails