Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Families?!

At a  Law School BBQ last week, I met a woman with THREE children.

Three children! 

We thought the only families at the Law School were of the faculty.

When actually, there ARE students with families, with children!
AMAZING that we have been hiding under a rock, and missed the memo on that one.  

Literally, missed the memo because they have an email chain for those with families.

We learned of a group for the families in the Law School...a support group, a social group....

Playgroups, picnics, parties...all of the important P's!

This past Friday, they were doing another important P --- pizza and a movie.

I was nervous about going since I had only met a few other women and had no clue how Lucas and Meredith would do.  But Richard insisted we try it!

So we didn't have to cancel our Pizza Friday (and got FREE pizza instead!) and got a taste of how our children would do in a theatre without dropping the $9 dollars

(Okay, I really have no clue how much a movie costs these days.  I haven't been to a theatre in about 4 years).

The movie of choice was Ratatouille -- which I had seen pre-Mommy phase, but did not realize how violent and scary it was until I watched it with a room full of children. 

You see things with new eyes once your babies enter your world.

The children were crying, running around, talking, up and down the stairs, in and out of chairs.  Imagine chaos, but managed chaos.  And since everyone there was a "seasoned" parent, no one seemed to care...

Today, Lucas asked me to open Meredith's tea set so they could "cook like Rat to E."

I am excited to learn more about these families and to open another door socially. 

(We have recently met a lot of wonderful couples in our neighborhood, who we mutually enjoy and they have playmates for our kids!)

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

That's fantastic! I am so excited for you. If it "works" it will be great for everyone but, probably/hopefully, especially for you. We need all the fun support we can get. I'm praying that we both find friendly support and friends to make.

Anonymous said...

That is great! I know you were getting frustrated by the lack of people you guys were meeting with kids to socialize with. I really hope that you all keep enjoying the Law group and continue making great friendships in your neighborhood. =)

Sarah-Anne said...

YAY!!!! That's great :) I'm so glad to hear this, and I'll be excited to hear how things go!!! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails