Let's be honest. I am exhausted....My kids are wearing me thin - hitting, pushing, screaming, throwing things - the time out corner stays pretty warm (although I do seem to smile nearly all the time and love them to pieces)...
Anywho, putting Meredith to bed is D-R-A-I-N-I-N-G!
She has gotten the whole screaming thing down.
And to not disturb my
I know I shouldn't do this.
I didn't do it with Lucas.
I trained him to sleep in his own bed with no troubles.
But for some reason, I CAN NOT do it with Mere.
So back to the REAL problem. I lay down with Meredith.
We have just finished reading bedtime stories. The room is dark. Meredith's breath slows. I close my eyes to capture the memory of the moment.
The next thing I know, it is 10 pm (We put our kids to bed at 7 pm) and my back is incredibly sore from scrunching up in a toddler bed.
Most nights, I sleepily stumble to my own bed and call it a night.
And in the morning I wake up in a cranky mood from too much sleep and a dirty kitchen because I never ventured back downstairs to clean up from dinner.
If you want to ensure your day goes well, you MUST start out with a clean kitchen. It is a rule....in the book of life.
Okay, maybe just my life.
I do hope you forgive me for sleeping....
I really do have lots to share. I just forget about it all once the lights go out.
(By the way, tonight we implimented a new plan, where I go for a walk after storytime, so Rich could tell Mere that I wasn't here without lying, and he could put her to bed without such a fuss. It worked for the most part. We will keep at it since the weather is so wonderful, and it was great to have bonding time with
2 comments:
We had to switch to something along those lines because the girls were doing the same thing. I was getting stuck in their room/falling asleep exactly like you! It is much better now with Walt completing bed time.
The Wee One does this with us at the moment too. We will sit there and rub his back or head, but even then I think he is just playing us and eventually try to leave while he screams his head off. The hubs was giving in and lying down with him (I physically can't) and then it just got worse from there. We are currently trying a new method as well. I hope yours works out for everyone!
Post a Comment