Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Egg-cident

As I am eating a piece of (not-so yummy boxed) carrot cake,
I want to share with you, how it came about...

As usual, the kiddos wanted to "help" their momma.
And I was lazy and didn't feel like making my carrot cake from scratch...

So I thought, no harm for letting them actually help me.
I was feeling pretty overzealous I think.

Because after Lucas asked to crack the egg, I said "Sure!  You can try!"
He carefully banged it on the counter.
And yes, he definately banged...

Then he gripped it in two hands to split it open...

And created the biggest egg mess I have E.V.E.R seen!

Egg flew across the kitchen, onto me, onto my camera. 
I laughed about it when I recounted the story to Richard, but I did not laugh then. 

Especially, when I grabbed him to rinse off...
Meredith carefully picked the egg shell out of the bowl and threw it on the floor! 

Oh my children, I really do love them so....

But after the egg-cident, we continued...
The cake is made.

The cake is nearly gone. 

And I officially will never neglect to make a carrot cake from scratch again!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails