I do not know how to swim, even with swimming lessons as a child - and an adult. I am terrified of being in the water and cannot relax enough to feel at ease. I was almost drowned twice as a kid. Oh, and I live at a lake.
As a child, I had several experiences with drowning.
Once, I was taking swimming lessons at the pool. The teacher swam to her boyfriend, and a girl decided to hold me under....it was a while before anyone noticed. I have never gotten over that.
A similar thing happened to me again with a neighbor in our backyard kiddie pool.
That can really screw you up.
I hate water.
Yes, I live at a lake. I can see it from my side door. But that doesn't mean I have to go swimming. I would never take my kids there without someone who can attend to them should need be.
Wood Mantle with Hidden Storage
3 years ago
1 comment:
Yikes Kids can be so dreadfully mean! And to sweet you!? Unbelievable...
Post a Comment