Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Home at last!

One week ago, Richard arrived in Virginia! Meredith, Lucas and I drove to the Richmond airport - earlier than expected. I recieved a call from Rich saying that he would be flying in within two hours.

The drive is one and a half hours, and NO ONE was anywhere near ready to go. So I called one of my biggest support peeps (Thank you for everything!!) for a pep talk and put my butt in high gear. We were dressed and packed to go within the hour.


We arrived at the airport at the same minute the plane touched down. I was not worried, because I know Richard prefers to be the last one off the plane.


I threw Lucas and Meredith in the stroller and did some speed walking across the freezing parking lot. Lucas knew that we were going to get Daddy - and kept asking "Where'd Daddy go? Where'd Daddy go?"


We parked the stroller and waited....and waited. And I began to wonder if we did miss him. Then we saw him strolling along.


Lucas got this really confused look on his face - he had no clue what was going on!


Rich greeted me and then crouched down to the babies....This is the only photo I was able to snap.


1 comment:

Sarah-Anne said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sending so much love to you and your family!

I'm so glad that you've disappeared for the past week, and so appreciative that you shared this post and this filled-with-happiness photo!

xoxo!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails