When I was younger, I was always so excited when my birthday fell on Friday.
Looking back, I don't know why I was so excited about it - if anything it only made it more convenient to party! Yet another year has come when my birthday fell on a Friday!
So, this year was the most unconvientional birthday ever. I was home with two babies who had no clue this day was any different. My husband bought me a super cool salad spinner that he saw advertised in his Runners World Magazine. He also "bought" me a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Well, not really, but we can pretend. I found it on an amazing deal - which by the way, I thought was a clearance, but was just a lucky day for smart shopper Devon.
I feel like a child naming off my gifts - but they are exciting.
I received homemade pasta and sause from my friend, Lindsay. And Sarah-Anne made me a bracelet.
Anywho, Melanie took us out for ice cream. I managed to get Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream. How cool is that? My cake and ice cream in one. Yum!
In other news, Richard began his travels to come home today. Although very exciting, it is also a very anxious time. I won't bother explaining. My dear friends in the military understand though.
Oh and Meredith took three steps to me yesterday!
Thanks for all your phone calls and cards!
Wood Mantle with Hidden Storage
3 years ago
3 comments:
1) Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
2) Red Velvet Ice Cream??? Oh man...
3) Woo-hoo on Rich making his way back!!! I will say prayers for his safe travels. I totally get it.
4) HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
YAY for Meredith's THREE steps - woohoo!!!
Homemade pasta!? What fun! Does Lindsay have a pasta maker, or did she roll it out by hand?
Happy birthday and Happy Valentine's Day! And, though we're not in the military, Rich is in our prayers.
Blessings!
I would be asking for pictures or video of Mere walking, but, since I fly out of Kuwait in a few hours, I will wait to see it for myself. See you soon, my love.
Post a Comment