The first Thanksgiving that Richard and I spent together was in 2003. Not admitting that we were serious, but agreeing to spend the holiday with one another made our families think differently. We ate lunch with Richard's family, then drove across the state about 3.5 hours and ate dinner with my family. I guess that is committment there. We were blind to it at the time.
The second Thanksgiving was in 2004, our first as a married couple in our own home. We invited over single guys that Richard knew - I think there were 8 of us total. That year, we caught our oven on fire. Richard insisted that we add more marshmallows and pecans to our sweet potatoes after I insisted that we had enough already. He didn't listen and added more. The sweet potatoes were not happy about the additional toppings and spilled, catching a fire. Luckily, the guys brought over a game system and were no where near the kitchen. It eventually extinguished itself - such a shame had I ruined everything in the oven!
The third Thanksgiving of 2005, we ate alone with no massive events taking place.
The fourth Thanksgiving of 2006, our oven blew up. Well, not literally. We had cooked the turkey, and I put the fixings in, and I saw a large spark in the oven. It had blown a fuse. We invited ourselves over to the Bean's and finished our Thanksgiving cooking there, and ate with them. We went shopping for an oven on Black Friday.
The fifth Thanksgiving of 2007, Lucas was with us. It was a quiet day, with much success.
This is the first Thanksgiving that I haven't prepared a meal on Thanksgiving.
Richard is not here to share in the yummyness, and we live in the same state as our families.
My family (Lucas, Meredith and I) went to hang out with the in-laws, with a spread of turkey, potatoes, mac and cheese, green beans, cornbread, apple pie and pumpkin pie. Meredith tried turkey and cornbread for the first time.
I have attached a few photos of the babies playing!
Safety First!
I wish we had a playroom like this!
1 comment:
I most wonder how the kids liked the food and visiting with Sister, Anthony, Tavia and my mother.
Were they okay for the trips up and back?
You taking the care in was a Godsend. I am so glad that you took action and did not ignore the problem. Also, I am glad that you will have the oil changed soon.
Post a Comment