Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

Leaves and Vaccines

My husband was so very thrilled to see the number of trees in our yard of our new home. I doubt he would be thrilled to see the number of leaves produced from those tall trees.

Leaves are freaking everywhere.

I truly don't understand why everyone is obsessively blowing them out of their yard. They haven't even finished falling...In nature, there are not little elves blowing the leaves out of the forest. The leaves are left to return to the earth - thus, increasing the circle of life. This is the approach that I believe in. Isn't that better for the environment than the gasoline fumes emmitted from the constant leaf blowing?

My neighbor - the one who officially hates me, with the mean dog and the crocks - she is one of those obsessive leaf blowers. In fact, she blew her freaking leaves into MY yard. As if I don't have enough to do already. Along the property line, there are huge piles of leaves.

At first, I thought "Oh, it probably just collected those which already lived on my property!" Then I realized how naive I was. And how the leaves were in a huge pile covering up the gutter. How she blew them out of her driveway drain pipe into my yard.

So....although I didn't really want to, I approached her. And I did it in the way that first came to mind = "What in the hell were you thinking?"

Okay, I wasn't that blunt...instead I asked what she planned to do about all the leaves she blew into my yard.

I am really sorry I do not have an interesting end to this story. She just said she would take care of it. Wow! It was that easy....I was hoping for something rude to be said. I was actually looking forward to it. But I think she is one of those women who put up this big front, but dont' do well when confronted. So sorry for the disappointing end...

I will let you know how long it takes her to take care of it.

Besides that, my babies received flu shots today. The nurse said they win the prize for quietest patients of the day! Neither one of them barely cried. They are so tough!

2 comments:

Rich Connaroe said...

"Iris, you said that you'd look after Devon while I was gone. You blew your leaves into my yard? How exactly is that looking after her?"

Robyn said...

Man, I was really hoping for a huge blowout with you threatening to call the cops. Darnit. Lol! I need some excitement in my life Devon!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails