Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day to you all!
Unlike days in the past, we don't have days off to celebrate any holidays anymore. We are officially estranged from the military.

But alas, I hugged my solider and told him "Happy Veteran's Day!" and out to lunch we went.
(You wouldn't know this, but it is a rareity to meet Richard for lunch, because he spends all his free time in the library. No seriously, I think I talked to my husband more when he was in Iraq.)
Nonetheless, I got to wear my new, cool rainboots in these 40 degree temperatures in the pouring rain....and my feet were warm and dry!

(Thank you $5 clearance find at the outlet mall!)


Oh....and Richard got a free lunch.


I think all is right in the world.

And in the event you are a soldier or a spouse.....Thank you for dedicating yourself to this wonderful country that we call home! Happy Veteran's Day!

1 comment:

Sarah-Anne said...

And where is a picture of your snazzy new rainboots??

Where did Rich enjoy a free lunch?

So glad you could enjoy seeing one another midway through the day.

And Happy Veteran's Day to you, too!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails