Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

ID me

Our trip to Busch Gardens cost me my identity.
More specifically, I lost my military ID. Well, I use the term "lost" very loosely -- I just haven't seen it since then.

I haven't been overly concerned with getting a new ID made because I am currently living as a civilian in a civilian world. But should things be different, I would not exist.

If we lived elsewhere, I could not drive onto post.
I could not shop at the luxurious commissary or PX.
I could not go to the gym.
I could not get medication for myself or my children.
Infact, my "irresponsibility" of losing my ID would reflect upon Richard and make him look bad.

I didn't worry about it because I was sure it would turn up eventually. The same thing happened with my driver's license a few months back.

But I finally broke down and confessed my need for a new ID when I went into Old Navy over Veteran's Day. Because I did not have my military ID, I missed a 30% discount on my purchase!

I was appaled.

I stood in line wondering what case I could pull.
Would they believe my military status if I showed them my Tricare Insurance card?

Instead, I just cursed myself for allowing Richard to let me go shopping alone and paid like the civilian I am.

But no worries. Today, I am getting a new military ID made.

Today, I regain my identity - which in my world, entitles me to snazzy discounts.

And that is something for which I can be thankful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UGH! That is always my biggest fear...I hate how much control that little card has over my life.

Glad you are getting a new one though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails