Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Today was jam-packed...

First, we took our babies for the park before lunch and stumbled upon a playgroup of mommy's. As we arrived, a mom was leaving and told me it is a newly formed group and this was one of their first get togethers, then she took her baby and left.

I am not sure if she was as unimpressed with the group as I was, but, my babies didn't seem to care. Most of the kids thought I was awesome because I was playing with my own children instead of sitting on the picnic table.

I was helping one kid on the swing until one mom came over and completely ignored me, but discussed with her boy how important it was to tell the "nice lady" thank-you for helping him swing.


I was the youngest one there, by AT LEAST seven years (and that is just a guestamate on Richard's and my part). And my experience with childbirth outnumbered the ladies as well (two to their one). AND Lucas was older than all of the children there. I was truly amazed.


After we trecked home to cool off and eat lunch, we headed up to Charlottesville to pick up a few things for our upcoming vacation.


I have been coveting a number of things for months now.
The first item is courtesy of Pottery Barn Kids.....it is a $400 dollar bookcase that is in the shape of a dollhouse, including the windows and doors along the side to make it so.

I know that the Pottery Barn name adds a great deal to the price, in addition to the incredible workmanship and quality of products. But, I could never allow myself to spend that much money on something of this nature. Instead, I happened upon a similar and smaller version at Tar-jay, on sale, and under $70 dollars. Of course, it went in the cart! So, I saved us over $300 dollars and I think Meredith will love it for years, just the same.


Then, there is this sandbox and picnic table made by Step 2 -- the price is lowest at Toys R Us at $140 and isn't even available at my store, so would have to be ordered online.


But, cruising through Sam's Club today, I saw it while Richard was looking at dresses for Meredith. The colors are slightly different, which are burgondy where the picnic table is green. And a brown and creme umbrella, so less child-like for sure! The sandbox is huge! and will be much better for the babies, and they can actually sit on the side.

Richard and I discussed it off and on throughout our whole extravaganza in Sam's and decided we shouldn't pass up the deal. So, for $74 we walked away with an awesome find! Actually, two different ladies tried to buy the sandbox as a stockboy took it down and wheeled it out to our car. Unfortunately, it was marked down because it was the display....which we didn't know until after we had already paid for it.

So what did we do? Tied it to the top of the car and drove the longway (S-L-O-W) home.

I hope the babies enjoy it as much as they did our tiny ladybug that we inherited with our home in Oklahoma!

Now, I am off to bake cookies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get the Bargain Betty award! Those are amazing finds, for such steals!!

And I feel your pain about going and playing at the park, and the parents there...glad you guys had fun though!

Lyndsey said...

Way to go Devon! I covet that same pottery barn kids bookcase! I'm going to be brave and try to craft one at home with my husband, who happens to have a special knack for figuring things out. He is pretty good with the woodshop stuff too, so I'll have to let you know how it goes. If it is a disaster, thanks for the tip for a smaller version at Target!

Related Posts with Thumbnails