Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

14 August - Beach Restaurant Review

The day we arrived at the beach, it was near dinner time. What to do?

Buy food and then fix it? NO! We have babies.
Order pizza? NO! We had plans to make our own during the week.

So with the owner's recomendations, we went to a place not even a half a mile away from our condo. Mako Mike's!

Here is the sign to look for along MP 7 along the bypass.


If you miss the sign, this is on the side of the building.




This place was awesome. VERY laid back. Very friendly staff. VERY kid friendly. Any place that has fake sharks hanging from the ceiling is kid friendly.
(You probably won't be thrilled with the place, if you are into stuffy, fancy restaurants.)


The food was amazing. The first night, everyone ordered something different. I stuck with my tried and true beach favorite (especially, since the kids can't eat shellfish!) and had fried flounder. I also chose garlic mashed potatoes and the summer veggies.

I typically like to stay away from fried foods - but this was divine. It was light and fluffy - not heavy or greasy in the slightest. The garlic mashed potatoes were superb. The vegetables were a heavenly, buttery mix of carrots, green beans, zucchini and yellow squash.

We all exchanged bites and agreed that mine was delicious.

Meredith gobbled it up.


We talked about wanting to go out to eat a few more times. The seafood was right out of the local ocean, afterall.

I voted for Mako Mike's again, but Richard protested. Being that there were MANY places to eat, he wanted to try out other options.

Flipping through the tourist magazines, we chose another place and headed there later in the week. Let's just say that it was not good. The place was not kid friendly at all, but claimed to be.

I actually ordered flounder again because the menu ended up being a little more frou-frou than I like - and it was absolutely horrible. The meal was more expensive, I received less food, and mashed potatoes weren't even an option! The fish was just what is expected when you hear "fried" -- heavy and gross.

Everyone else was disappointed with their meal as well.

So what did we do?

Planned a trip back to Mako Mike's! We had to make up for the terrible seafood experience we had.

This go around everyone ordered the flounder. They didn't want to miss a good thing!


Meredith wanted dessert this time.


Daddy and Lucas pose next to one of the sharks inside.


I am not kidding. This place is awesome.
I promise you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails