Meredith decided which outfit she wanted to wear to greet her Daddy and happily tried to put it on herself. I tried to keep the babies unclothed as long as possible.

and the chocolate cake with the BABY blue icing (how lame, but Rich didn't even notice we had cake, much less red, white and baby blue).

The babies happily napped on the ride to the airport, and we about an hour of waiting before Richard's plane touched down. Lucas and Meredith kept themselves entertained with the giftshop and the mini American flags that we had to welcome Daddy home. 
Luckily, time flew by and before we knew it, Richard was walking toward us!

Lucas was sooooo very giddy to finally see his Daddy coming with hugs and kisses for him! He held his sign and handed it over to Richard. Immediately, he said, "That's not my Daddy!" Lucas was convienced that this man worthy of the "Welcome Home Daddy!" sign wasn't the proper recipient!
Meredith just stared at Daddy, fussed a little, and gave him the "WHO are you? Get away from me!" look. So, I took this opportunity to give hugs!
Lucas continued to repeat "That's not my Daddy!" - which was quite hilarious to us all.
I tried to coax Meredith into going to Richard, but that didn't seem to work out.

Luckily, time flew by and before we knew it, Richard was walking toward us!

Lucas was sooooo very giddy to finally see his Daddy coming with hugs and kisses for him! He held his sign and handed it over to Richard. Immediately, he said, "That's not my Daddy!" Lucas was convienced that this man worthy of the "Welcome Home Daddy!" sign wasn't the proper recipient!
Meredith just stared at Daddy, fussed a little, and gave him the "WHO are you? Get away from me!" look. So, I took this opportunity to give hugs!
Lucas continued to repeat "That's not my Daddy!" - which was quite hilarious to us all.
I tried to coax Meredith into going to Richard, but that didn't seem to work out.
Lucas finally believed me when I told him that Rich truly was his Daddy, and went to him for a family snapshot!


He even exchanged the hugs and kisses, which he has been excited about for days!

He had a shoulder ride to pick up Daddy's "suitcase."

And he happily held hands with his Daddy as we walked to the car. 
1 comment:
Great choice on the outfit, you look super hot, but classy :)
The pictures are great, I don't think I could have handled being one of those witnesses...I would have sobbed like a baby seeing a reunion like yours. I can't even keep it together just looking at pictures!
I am so happy you all are finally all together again! Have a blast at the beach!
Post a Comment