Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

11 August - Day 3 - on the Beach!

Meredith and I got up when Richard went for a run and had breakfast on one of our decks.

The water looked murky from the numerous clouds, and the weather was still cool....


After we got up and ready, we hit the beach by 9 am! The sun came out quickly to heat up the sand.....which was incredibly hot! We made Mere wear her shoes.



The biting flies were obviously biting....and they were crazy today. I covered up with a towel to keep them away, and Lucas copied me. It totally wasn't cold by any means. This was one of the hottest days during the week, with temperatures near 100.


The waves were pounding steadily.


This was my view from my towel in the sand....


We took the babies out in the water to cool off some.

Some strange person did not steal our camera to take these shots....(although this was the day someone jacked our sandtoys. no worries, i sneakily took them back and made sure to never leave them on the beach unattended. AND YES THEY HAD OUR NAME ON THEM.)
The sun was hot, so we covered up and made way inside for lunchtime.

The clouds dissipated. The view during our lunchtime.


I took a ton of photos of the waves this day. They were pretty rough. Guys were outside using their skimboards, which was a lot of fun to watch.


Lucas checking things out with the binoculars (yes, I know, the cap is on the lenses). He is hilarious.


Richard got ready to visit the doctor and we parted ways. He wanted to make sure that his finger was healing from the dog bite and it is better late than never.

I redressed the kids and relathered with sunblock and returned to the beach.
The afternoon view of the ocean was a lot different.

The ocean almost looked clear to me. I was amazed at how the tide changed the colors.


I absolutely do not go out into the ocean beyond knee deep. The kids did not enjoy that, they like to feel the crash of the waves. I conned my Dad into taking Lucas to do "up downs" (as Richard called it.)


And the babies happily played in the sand with one another until dinnertime.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures you took of your whole beach adventure are AMAZING. It makes me want to drive to the coast right this second. I am so glad that "beach" is now apart of Meredith's vocabulary. It looks like you all had an amazing time together.

Paige said...

Someone really jacked your sand toys??? Briar made me write her last name on each and every sand toy. I did it more so I would know which ones are ours when we meet friends at the lake.

Related Posts with Thumbnails