All week, I have been coaching Lucas as to Daddy's location, and all the things that Daddy will be doing with us since he doesn't have to go to work anymore. He stopped me in the middle of my long list of activities to ask "Where is Daddy going to sleep?"
I told him in my bed, and asked if that was okay with him.
He told me NO! Daddy needed his own bed!
I think that is the cutest thing ever.
We are still trying to figure out what to wear to the airport this evening. But, we have prepped the house for his arrival!
I ordered a bunch of balloons, which the babies LOVE! I have ribbon to put around the railing (it was raining last night when I was fixing the porch! I didn't want to melt by standing in the rain!) And I planned to put some balloons at the bottom of the stairs as well, however many of my ballons have already died. I will be getting replacements for free today - because I did pay extra for the high float, which obviously wasn't inside 6 of my balloons.
I ordered this sign only months into the deployment, thanks to my friend, Michelle. http://www.buildasign.com/ was running a special for free signs for military families, and you just paid shipping!
And this was a fun project for the babies. I drew the letters and had them color them with red and blue markers for crafttime. I wish now that I had it say "Daddy" instead, but it was fun nonetheless and I learned that Lucas absolutely LOVES the letter O.
I just taped them above my server and placed all the "presents" that I had for him below in red bags.
So now, I need to do some last minute prepping and all will be ready!
5 comments:
Your house looks adorable!! Good luck finding the perfect outfit and try to take some pictures tonight. Although I'm sure that will be the last thing on your mind.
Your house looks so festive. I am excited for you. You'll have to get pictures tonight to post eventually after things settle down. I hope the day flies by until you get Richard at the airport.
What great looking decorations! I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to see all the wonderful "Welcome home" pictures.
Your home looks wonderful, YOU look wonderful, and RICH IS HOME!!!!! YAY!!!! WELCOME HOME :)
Brought tears to my eyes! Congratulations Devon I am so glad the wait is over and Daddy :) is home!
Post a Comment