Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sticks from a Storm

While making (my) dinner tonight, a storm blew in from the west. Heavy rain and wind conditions lasted all of fifteen minutes before the ground was a complete mud puddle and the storm had moved over.

I was shocked at the number of tree limbs that had fallen in such a short amount of time.
Observe this giant one that I was physically incapable of lifting:


Thankfully, I didn't park our Jeep there!

Otherwise, I would have added "Destroyed Car" to the list I needed to attend to prior to Richard's arrival home.

After I pulled my dinner out of the oven, Meredith and I returned outdoors to clean up the aftermath.

She was a very good helper and took care of all the Meredith sized sticks.


Meanwhile, Lucas stayed inside with a full belly from his dinner.

2 comments:

Rich Connaroe said...

Wow, we were lucky this time.

Meredith is such a good helper. I laughed out loud about this one. I hope that Lucas went to bed okay a bit later.

Melissa Salmon said...

Wow, that is such good luck! A branch fell into my Mom's hood at home in New Jersey and her car is STILL not the same to this day!

How cute is Meredith, helping you pick up sticks! I can't get over how big she has gotten, but I guess that happens to babies! :)

I guess you can't count on the "man of the house" to help with outside clean-up when he has had a good meal in his tummy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails