Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Mission: Organization

Yes, I am aware that this is a show on HGTV. I used to be an avid watcher of the show....wondering what type of experience is needed to be recognized as a "Professional Organizer." The job seemed too easy. I couldn't understand why people couldn't keep their stuff in order. And I wondered what in the world I could do to get paid to help people separate their things. Talk about easy money.

Then I had a child....make that two -- and my husband departed....
and here I am surrounded by complete chaos. I am finally admitting to myself that I am not organized at all.

Now whether the husband or child, or two caused the disorganization/chaos OR I was already disorganized and the chaos of my life increased it exponentially, is yet to be determined.

I do hear that your home is a reflection of your life though. Chaos and all....

Lucky for me, my head is attached.
However, things like pacifiers, keys, important papers, coupons --- those things are not.

I spend about 25% of my day looking for pacifiers, blankets, cups....whatever. This percentage may have increased slightly since Lucas got in the business of hiding things. He will randomly decide to stick his blanket inside of a cupboard, and who the hell looks in cupboards for a child's blanket? I have found things hidden inside of shoes, in drawers, in the couch cushions....You name it, I am sure I have found a necessary and desired item there.

And although I do HAVE a location for things to "live", I still can never get them there in enough time for me to find when actually needed.

Fortunately, messiness is a sign of creativity.

So the question is, should I focus on the creativity or the organizing??

3 comments:

Sara said...

Is it possible to focus on both? Because that is what I need to do. From the outside looking in - you do a great job with the creativity part. I love all the art projects that you do with the kids! You inspire me to allow fingerpainting at the table.

Rich Connaroe said...

I imagine that you are more organized and creative both than you think.

These thoughts stem from the lost item? So I assume that you have not yet found it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, hiding things in the cabinets and shoes! That sounds like fun.... Once you get your house down you want to fly out here and help me on mine?! I'm sure we can get Nick to watch all three kids. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails