I was pretty miserable last week...Between snot, vomit, diarreah, sleep issues and fussiness, I didn't know which way was up. My outlets have been away, visiting family members who were going through major surgery - or prepping for big moves....
Needless to say, I am very happy that we have finally said goodbye to the old, in hopes of experiencing new things.
Perhaps even, my children will realize that we do not need to rise at 5 am. Daddy is not here, and if he were, no PT would occur that early, so we might as well sleep....
Speaking of Daddy, he sent a wonderful package to us. Backwards, I know - who sends stuff from Iraq? Well, I have you know, he brought back very wonderful things when he came home on leave. Lucas has watched Bolt (a Disney Movie that comes out on DVD Tuesday) so many times, that I know lines from the movie. I have already gone through the mass amount of baby wipes that he brought me. And I have completely exhuasted the Sugarland CD he brought me.
Anyways, I digress...
He packaged up a bunch of love and sent it to us. He mailed freaking Girl Scout Cookies! Some stranger mailed a load of them, and he sent me some. How hilariously thoughtful. We have already devoured one box. Lucas insisted I give him one, and Meredith took it upon herself to grab two!
He also sent a few things that he chose during a layover back to Iraq. His plane stopped off in Ireland - a place we have always said we want to visit one day...

For places we visit, we always pick up a magnet and a postcard - one that is descriptive of the area as we know it. He sent a postcard with several photos of the gorgeous lands there.
But because we hadn't gone TOGETHER, he felt it would not be appropriate to find a "typical" Irish magnet. Instead he chose one with the Irish symbol of love and friendship.
2 comments:
1. You can vent to me ANYTIME!! Seriously.
2. Weren't you totally saying that you wanted Girl Scout cookies a few weeks ago?!?
3. Joe stopped in Ireland too, and he brought us back shot glasses, a shirt for me, and a soccer outfit for Porter, lol.
4. That statue is absolutely beautiful...wow, you are totally right.
Hey there! I didn't realize you had sick babies, we just had that too for a week and a half straight with Brianna too and it got WAY bad so I know what you mean!! It's especially hard to deal with no sleep and fussiness working so much and housekeeping, but sick babies are always tough because they don't handle it as well with bigger people. Don't worry, sicknesses get a bit easier when they get around Tav's age, though they always break your heart :)
You know you have family here that you can call and vent to or whatever else anytime, so if you are having a hard week remember I'm just a phone call away, and so is Mom. You gotta use the phone for us to know though...wish I would have and I would have called more myself. Anyway, I hope this week is better :) Give the babies kisses for me!
Post a Comment