Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

I support Non-profit Organizations

I just opened my second tin of popcorn that I bought from the adorable little boyscout many months ago. If you lived closer, I would invite you over to try it. Soooo delicious, and exactly what I was needing.

So, there are those 3 dollar boxes of crunch n munch (well they were 3 dollars back in the day, who knows how much they cost now)....this is like 10 times better than that. I guess you get what you pay for. And screw you for saying I ended a sentence with a preposition. I am too busy enjoying my popcorn to care.

Speaking of fundraisers, I would LOVE some freaking Samoas or Caramel Delights, as they are now called. I would give anything for a little brownie or girlscout to knock on my door. Why do they not allow girlscouts to solicit people door to door? It is crappy. And if you didn't know, you can look up the selling schedule in your area. And if you want to know, I did. And we seriously thought of making a special trip out while Rich was here to buy some girlscout cookies. I decided it was pretty pathetic to do that.

But no worries. The girl scouts - they are pretty awesome. They donate cookies to the USO - there has only been one year that I had to buy cookies because we didn't go through an airport.
The USO is a place in most large airports which are available to military families. You can hang out, eat, check email, watch movies, read books. Sometimes they have little areas for kids. It is a great place. Soldiers can go there waiting for flights that don't take off for days. If you ever want to donate money, the USO is quite a large non-profit organization that provides more than a resting place in airports. I won't bore you, check it out at your leisure.

Anywho, I realized that "Life and Thoughts of the Connaroes" has become more life, and less thoughts. I totally dropped the ball on explaining the list of 25 things about myself. I will be better. Forgive me?

For now, I will continue to enjoy my popcorn. And patiently wait until July when my husband can nab some girlscout cookies.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails