She is such a big girl, and it is hard to imagine her toddling around so soon. When Rich was home, we saw her take SIX steps! She often gets so excited that she topples over after two or three, so we were very impressed.
This past weekend, she stood up on her own, in the middle of a room, and then took three steps. I was amazed, because she didn't use anything to stabalize her balance before taking off! I can't wait to see the progress she makes over the next month.
She says "Dixie" ,"Dada" , "Momma", "ByeBye" and waves and smiles at everyone she sees. If she sees a little person, she will squeal soo big. She understands so much language. She will follow commands, and she even does a few signs (besides waving!) - like more and drink. She gives kisses and initiates peek-a-boo. My favorite is to see her respond to Richard on the webcam. She adores him.
Lucas, his new thing is asking "What's that sound?"
He was on a "What color is that?" kick for a while, but I think we have moved beyond it. Maybe not.
As for me, I am also trying to find a free minute so I can try a few new bread recipes. I know, I know, making bread doesn't take that long. I am intimidated by the clean up, truthfully. I always make such a mess with bread.
In other news, I am reading the most interesting book right now. I have a stack of books by my bed waiting to expose me to a whole new world. Unfortunately, you have to be in the right mood to venture to Germany, or Afghanistan, or...well you get the picture. So I have picked up a different book every night and felt so uninspired. Until a few nights ago, I picked up a book called Eat, Pray, Love.
My favorite friend in Arizona sent it to me for my birthday, because she was reading and enjoying. I actually look forward to going to bed each night so I can read. I haven't watched TV at night in ages. Hours pass without me realizing, and I find myself staying up til 1 am, reading and thinking, and rereading. Thanks a lot Sarah-Anne!
The book is quite intellectual and reflective. I am very much enjoying its intimacy. Perhaps I will share my thoughts once I have completed the book. I am not sure though....doing so makes me open and vulnerable to people that don't necessarily deserve to see that part of who I am.
But I am still in the eating part, so there is a little ways to go. If you are interested in what that means, you should check it out at your local library....
1 comment:
i read eat, pray, love. i am curious to hear your thoughts when you are done! i will share mine then.
Post a Comment