Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Goodnight Moon

Our nightly routine includes allowing - no, making - Dixie go potty before bed. There is nothing worse than a dog that tells you she has to go out after you have gotten comfy in bed....

Anywho, I was already perplexed by the 40 degree temperature drop today, but to look out and see the moon...I was blown away.
Please see below for the moon in it's true form as I saw it.

I really hated geometry, but I did walk away with some knowledge. A freaking hexagon? I don't get it. The only hexagon I know to occur in nature is that of a bee hive. And I have no reason to believe that bees have inhabited the moon and changed its true circular shape in order to better produce honey.

In other news, I would really love to have honey. We are all out. For some reason, I can't bring myself to buy grocery store honey....we were spoiled with the real "made in Virginia" and placed in a mason jar honey. All I have found is wildflower honey not clover, as I want... I will be on the lookout....

Perhaps the moon was just a reminder that I need to add honey to my grocery list.

I'll keep you posted if it should turn into a gallon of milk (We aren't out just yet).

3 comments:

Rich Connaroe said...

You are adorabe, love.

Melanie said...

what a cool picture. But maybe your eyes were fuzzy - a hexagon???

I'll let you know if I find some clover honey - I'm usually in the market for sourwood honey. But usually have to go south.

Unknown said...

This is really neat. It really looked like that? I wonder why.

Related Posts with Thumbnails