This morning began just as every morning, with cuddles and cartoons on the couch. We ate a yummy breakfast of oatmeal and grapes, dressed and went outside for our daily walk. The humidity level is nonexistant in the morning, so the air resembles the crispness of fall.
We played outside a while, but Meredith was getting cranky so we went inside so I could settle her for a nap. I turned on the TV for Lucas.
Nothing happened. The TV was broken!
I settled Meredith, and then fed Lucas and I again....a yummy lunch of turkey sandwiches. (If you don't buy freshly sliced turkey from the deli, you should! You are missing out on great quality for the same price as packaged lunch meat.)
When nap time rolled around, I finally attacked the TV. I had time to research a bit online. A wealth of information flowed to me! That Al Gore is fabulous for inventing the internet!!
To make a long story short, I fixed our TV....spending only 3 dollars in the process. Well, unless you count the cost of the milkshake with which I rewarded myself -- for being so freaking smart!
Wood Mantle with Hidden Storage
3 years ago
2 comments:
Wow! Congrats on fixing the TV! All thanks to Al Gore... What an amazing man. *sigh*
I am so proud and impressed. I have told all the guys on my team here: My wife fixed a television! Not she called someone and had them come fix it. Not she bought a new one and had someone haul the old one away. She looked up likely problems, took apart the fuse panel, identified that it was broken, and then went to radio shak and bought the right replacement part. WOW!
And to think, when she wrote me, I sent her a link to Best Buy for the TV that I wanted! I feel so...lazy. Mind you, I still intend to get that 42" LG HDTV with 1080p and 120mHz speed (I'm not going to pretend like I know what all that means).
Post a Comment