Yeterday, I realized I had read all of my magazines at least three times, and I needed something fresh and stimulating. Lucas was content wandering in the yard, picking up acorns, so I opened the most recent Newsweek magazine.
I typically have bigger things to wrap my brain around than the political controversy discussed in Newsweek - like how to convience my son from dashing to the road, climbing on the toilet, or yelling at his sister while she is sleeping. (Unfortunately, Parenting magazine is yet to publish tips on how to deal with these issues....)
Anyhow, I always flip through the Newsweeks last, since the recipes and decorating ideas in BH&G are much more rewarding. I can actually replicate suggestions - because everyone knows food is the way to my husband's heart. I digress...
The most entertaining article jumped out of the Newsweek - something small, but it caught my eye....on crocks. Yes! The author drove on about how he and his tween son sit in old towne Alexandria until they have spotted 12 pairs of crocks...typically it takes less than 15 minutes....the shoes are overrated and just plain silly - but everyone has a pair. Well not everyone...
The article made me think of a friend who recently complained to me because everyone wears them in DC - how hideous they are. Dressed for success, accessories including neon green crocks and briefcase. My neighbor has some -- yes, multiple colors. Not only that, she is nearing her late 40's and she still bejeweled hers. They look so pretty with the ladybugs and frogs....
I saw a lady yesterday who had gone as far as matching them to her outfit, bright blue crocks, capri pants and a bright blue shirt. Why draw more attention to yourself?
I tried them on once. Only once.
A friend and I wondered about all the hype. This was years after they had hit the mass market - more like last year. While we were out shopping, we slipped our feet into a pair. I admit, they were comfy...but I would rather hang out with the guy from Man versus Wild than wear them...
The author in Newsweek ranted that the Crock company have warehouses full of crocks and no where to replinish them. The initial supply and demand was amazing, so the production went in overdrive. Supposedly, there is a pair with my name on it sitting in their warehouse. I think I will leave them for a poor soul who needs a replacement pair....like my neighbor.
Wood Mantle with Hidden Storage
3 years ago
1 comment:
Hahaha, I have always wondered about them. My friend does have the Mary Jane Crocs in black and brown, and they look awesome! They don't look like the typical Crocs, and she is a Pre-K teacher so they make her feet last through the day. I was totally thinking of getting hot orange to go with my neon green tank top, leggings and short jean skirt and wearing my hair in a side ponytail. I think that Joe would want to jump me in that outfit, don't you?
Post a Comment