Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Food for Thought...

So for the record, this was not an absolutely terrible day. We had our moments of hell, but in the end it was not unmanagable. I guess babies can wake up on the wrong side of the crib...

Dinner was fabulous - or maybe I was just hungry. I stand firm that it was fabulous though. I fired up the grill for the third time since Rich has been away. Obviously, that is his duty...not because he is a man, but because I am scared.

Oh, I guess I should feel you in. Eleven years ago, I had a grill emit its combustable force in my face. Picture this: A hot summer day in Virginia, I was home alone, feeling domestic. Pork chops had been thawing, and I thought I would get a start on dinner before the parents came home. Being 15, I had never lit the grill before, but that did not stop me. Instead, the grill stopped me. I lost my bangs, my eyebrows, my eyelashes and half of the hair on my right arm and looked as though my face had a bad sunburn. Food for thought: DO NOT put your head near the grill to see why it didn't light. I didn't cook that night.

Anyhow, I was proud that I have finally gotten over my fear. The end result gave me delicious turkey burgers three days ago. I finished those off, so I was forced to cook again -- this time BBQ chicken. I feel almost guilty that I am eating so well. Okay, so not really.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails