Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Housewife

I read today that a husband adds an additional seven hours of housework per week from his living here.

Wow! SEVEN hours per week?

I feel like I do nothing but clean now. And I am still not satisfied with my progress. I guess if I were cleaning instead of typing this, I wouldn't obsess over the little things I should be doing but haven't... I can't imagine what it would be like if Richard were here....
I have never been happier to hear that 2,548 hours of cleaning will be saved while he is away.

Good thing I have trained Lucas to help...



Yesterday, I spent all morning at UVA for Meredith's 4-month checkup. I recall complaining that military hospitals were impersonal, quick, in and out. Yet, now going to an amazing civilian provider, I am annoyed by the laundry list of questions, the waiting for the second doctor to come in and visit....The grass is always greener...On a happier note, she weighed in at a hefty 12 pounds (25%), and 21 inches long (10%).

Meredith received the most ridiculous book. "Baby Faces." Maybe I am being too critical, but only a few times have we gotten cool books (Like "Goodnight Moon" - oh, and the doctor was trying to be smooth and assess Lucas' ability by reading to him and asking him where things were and he totally pointed things out to her - words I had never used before like kitten or mitten).

Meredith was showing off for me, rolling on the exam table and grabbing the stethoscope. I am so proud. I never doubt my parenting skills when I go for Meredith. Lucas is the problem. Those residents seem to make me think I am doing everything wrong...well why haven't you started potty training? well why this? well really?
One day, I think I am going to scream at the doctor..."Well, his attention span is a nano-second, he doesn't listen, do you really think I want to stress myself out anymore than I already am?"

Moving on, I realize as I am typing that I am using this blog as a replacement husband. These are not things I would normally say to just anyone. It takes a special someone to appreciate stories or thoughts of my own. This was never my intention. I never wanted to provide a way to share the idiotic things that I think or do....

For example...
The philosophy with Lucas is: "out of sight, out of mind." The beauty of such a short attention span, means his memory is almost equally as short. I had purchased a package of chocolate chip cookies to sustain an intense craving. I had to hide them because Lucas was begging, crying, and screaming for them on a daily basis. I immediately placed them in the oven when he wasn't looking.

However, the out of sight, out of mind overtook me once they were put there. A few days later, I turned on the oven to preheat for dinner. After a while, I started to smell an awful, yet indescribable smell....worse than burning. When I finally peaked in the oven, the entire package had disintegrated and wrapped itself around the rack. There was a pile of black cookies, which had fallen to the bottom of the oven....crumbling before my eyes.

I am surprised I didn't have to put out a fire. Just this accident alone added an hour of housework!

Not to mention that I tried to get Lucas to sit on the potty without a diaper and he peed all over the floor instead....Stupid doctors!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails