The deer are prominent in the Lake. Families graze at all hours, and to me there is something beautiful about tiny spotted fawns frolicking away from their mother....yet, never too far. I wish my son were as wise as the baby fawns.
He craves freedom. The minute I open the front door he runs like a bat out of hell to escape. I stay in the backyard typically - but sometimes duty calls. Lucas thinks it is a fun treat to walk down the street to get the mail. The problem is getting him to stay near.
So imagine.... we have Lucas, the curious 18-month old who darts down the road faster than you can blink. He spots the family of deer, enjoying an afternoon snack. Immediately, he freezes and I could see the wheels turning. He starts walking closer to the four does, who freeze. As he gets closer, they decide that danger is near and they take off, gracefully flying down the road. Lucas sees this as his cue and runs after them.
I was lucky enough to have my camera in my pocket.
1 comment:
So what I am picking up from this article is that Lucas is already taking after his father, he likes to run. Maybe the Olympics are in his future...
Ben
Post a Comment