Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Weekend Recap - Wedding! Part 1

This past weekend, we had a whirlwind trip across the state.

Saturday afternoon we drove down to our closest Army installation, Fort Lee.
My husband ran the Oktoberfest 10K (6.2 miles), as part of the Army 10 Miler Team.

He placed FIRST!

I didn't think the kids understood that Daddy WON, but Lucas told me later that Daddy ran the race so he (Daddy) could get a big trophy for his room!

The team is gearing up for the Army 10 Miler in Washington, DC in a few weeks.
After the race, we headed on to the eastern part of the state in celebration of a wedding weekend! My friend from undergraduate days, Ellen, was getting married. She had invited us for the rehersal dinner festivities that evening and we were pressed for time because of the race awards.

We had just enough time to check into our hotel, change clothes (Richard showered in record speed), and drive to the rehersal dinner.
The dinner was sooooo nice. Richard and I really enjoyed everything and discussed how we wished we had incorporated a little of their way into our own rehersal dinner -- not that it matters because 6 years was a while ago.  But it was really fun, and we feel super special being included! 

The kids were really good! We were complimented on how well-behaved they were. I was super surprised because Richard and I were both frustrated with them a little....but we have REALLY high expectations of good behavior.
I apologize for no photos.  I didn't want to be the crazy girl with the camera, so I left it in my purse. :)

************************
On Sunday, we checked out the outlets in Williamsburg before we had to head to the wedding.
We hit up our favorites and did some pretty good shopping considering our timeline, and how crazy busy it was (Columbus Day Weekend).

My brother was gracious enough to drive to meet us! The kids were excited that Uncle Travis got to see them.
They posed with him after getting dressed for the par-tay.


We did a quick change in the parking lot....well, I changed in the moving car...and went on our way. And don't tell me how tacky that is, I really don't want to hear it - bathrooms are disgusting and our options were null.
We arrived at the church a few minutes later than we had intended, but still were just in time!


Ellen looked soooo beautiful, as she was prepping to walk down the aisle.
This was the best photo I had, as I was holding a sleeping child!

Ellen's husband-to-be was of Greek heritage, so a majority of the ceremony was in Greek. The whole thing gave new meaning to "It's all Greek to me!"

Meredith woke up when all the singing began.
And Richard snuck in with Lucas. (It is hard to put a tie on when you are driving). Lucas was in shock at what was going on. He said "What in the world is he saying?"


Even though I had no earthy clue what was going on, the church was soo beautiful. That combined with how happy and  beautiful Ellen and Dino both looked just threw me for an emotional loop and I lost it. I truly think I was the only one in the church crying.


The reception was at Fort Monroe (where we spent Fourth of July with Ellen and Dino) - and was lovely. 


The weather was perfect, and quite warm for October! 

We ate a bit and wandered around, waiting for the happy couple.  There was a cool playground area that kept the kids occupied while the sun went down.

We played to pass the time, as the sun went down.....



Stay tuned for the rest of the photos in Part 2!

1 comment:

Noel's Mama said...

Love all of your pictures. Can't believe Richard won the race! That's awesome :)

I also get comments on how behaved Noel is and think "Oh yea right!" so maybe from an outsider they aren't that bad ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails