Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pretend Vacation: Day 1

After missing my husband way too much, (and the kids missing their daddy!), we made plans to head out to visit the eastern part of the state for a bit.

The Army set us up in an extended stay hotel - based on their reembursement funding.
The hotel is a suite, efficiency kitchen, living area, sleeping area and bathroom.
The location is far enough from post to be safe, but close enough to post to be an easy commute.

Our place is also close to the "heart" of the area.
Which is also called City Center at Oyster Point.

The area is filled with offices, living areas, fine shopping and dining.

The area is very quaint and quiet.
But we were sent there for dinner, not shopping, so we checked out the map.


Meredith happily pointed out a place on the map, that was also a short walk from where we were!
The atmosphere was awesome. 
Laid back.  Friendly.  Authentic.
I had a feeling we had chosen a great place!

We carefully chose our entrees and colored until our meal arrived....

The meal came quickly and on Fiestaware!
I immediately was in love at first sight.

I ordered chicken enchiladas with lettuce and tomato (not all enchilladas came with those toppings).
Along side with rice and refried beans.



My food was heavenly.  So heavenly.
I had been craving good Mexican food, and Salas' Mexican Grill definately delivered!

(I have no idea what Richard ate, but he enjoyed his meal too!)

After the meal, we walked around the huge fountain that is in the center of the point.


The kiddos loved running around the fountain and even stopped for a photo!


Visiting there gave such a positive view of the area, and we were excited to continue to explore!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails