Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Movies

Do you watch movies? 

I know you probably think "What kind of idiot are you, Devon?  Of course I watch movies!" 

But seriously, there was not a lot of movie-watching going on until last week. 

Adult movies that is. 

Not porn people.  Be real!

There were only things like "Toy Story", "The Princess and the Frog", "The Jungle Book"...

Since we are back in the summer season (no TV shows), we wanted to start watching movies again...

We decided to go with RedBox since we didn't have an address to accept mail. 
The convience was awesome because we drove past one on the way to the park.

If you aren't familiar RedBox is a red vending machine for movies. 

You choose what movie you would like via a touch screen, pay for it via credit card and pay $1 a night for the movie. 

This worked great for us.

Infact, so great that our children now associate a certain store with movies.

According to our home, a 7-11 is the movie store.

Should we pass one, Lucas will yell out "There is the movie store!"

Anywho, I have two must see movies of the summer...

The Road  - amazing, just amazing. everything about how this was portrayed was amazing.

Shutter Island - a psychological thriller at its best.

Have you seen either of these?  What is your take? 
Do you have any movie recommendations for me?
Do you use RedBox or some other movie rental place?

4 comments:

navynest said...

We love the RedBox. If you type in the promo code 'DVDONME' yourf movie is free!

Anonymous said...

We have used RedBox a few times and it is super convenient. Otherwise we rent movies from the library.

Other movies you might like:
The Boys Are Back (make sure you have Kleenex)
Everybody's Fine (again have Kleenex)
Adam

Lyndsey said...

I'm a movie lover but my husband is not. I have not used the RedBox but often I'm tempted as I walk by. I know my mom uses it religiously. Seems like a sweet deal.

I wish I had recommendations for you!

Anonymous said...

dev...saw the road and it made me sad....waay depressing...seriously.

I dont know if you like less "heavy" movies (joel is big into comedy) but death at a funeral was funny. (had some language in it...not sure if that is a big deal or not). its funny to me most times but this is the first time i suggested movies to anyone...its such a touchy situation because I have seen people get offended because of it....ok, back to silence from this girl....

devskins ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails