Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas to me!

When Richard and I married, we devised a budget of our spendings...In categorizing things, we made a column called "excess". Every few months, we look at the money and try to decide what we would most like to have. It just so happens that we end up getting things around certain key holidays. Through this, we have gotten things like a new fridge, a new camera, a new computer....

For our anniversary, I received the computer I am using right now. I am convienced it is a cheap way to say that I got something for occassions. But whatever....It works for us.

Richard thinks he should "receive" a new TV for Christmas. Funny, since ours isn't broken anymore and he isn't even here to watch it!

So, for Christmas this year, we decided that I would "receive" an elliptical. Richard picked out what one he wanted, and I ordered it. There was a huge fiasco with it - one that I will not get into - but after a month and a half, it has finally arrived!!

Unfortunately, my brother-in-law discouraged me from paying the extra money to have it delivered inside of the house. This freaking thing is heavy. I deliberated for a long time, before I finally accepted that I was not going to move it inside without lots of help. I certainly hope that the weight of the machine further confirms the quality.

I really hate asking people for help, but I had no choice since it is supposed to rain tomorrow. Melanie really is a lifesaver!

1 comment:

Rich Connaroe said...

Goodness! People will think me a tyrant. I researched the elliptical and sent you to Dick's Sporting Goods to test it out. You preferred this one over others. I hope that we enjoy it for some many years to come.

Related Posts with Thumbnails