Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Things about Oklahoma that I miss...

In no particular order.....

Braums.
For those of you who have never been, you are missing out. The restaurant is Oklahoma made and maintained. This place has fabulous burgers and milkshakes. Their fries are not greasy and are trans fat free (I have talked to their cooperate office about this!) I ate here sooo often when I was pregnant with Lucas. I actually craved their burgers...I think I was low on protein though. And since I couldn't talk to Rich the Army Ranger-- I had no one to cook for and four months alone leads you to eat a lot of fast food.

Hobby Lobby.
Oh, I long for a Hobby Lobby to open near me. It is francised, so maybe I should open one myself right by the lake. I am sure it would do well. There is nothing like being able to shop for scrapbooking supplies, home decor and baking supplies all in one place. Michaels can never compare to the bliss within Hobby Lobby.

Ross.
There is nothing like great discount shopping. For some reason, the Ross in Lawton was fabulous. Maybe it was because it was beside Hobby Lobby....Maybe it was because I knew the employees. Maybe it was because they actually organized the store. Who knows....I know I miss it greatly. There is nothing like finding shoes Rich would be envious of for 19 dollars!

The Commissary.
Oh, there is nothing comperable to a military grocery store. I miss the great openness....the coupons....the discounted food....Oh, oh, how I miss the commissary. There is nothing like stocking up on cereal because it is under 2 dollars!

Friends.
Every military friend I know has been through Fort Sill. Soon, it seemed like every friend I had lived somewhere other than where I was....bittersweet. But there we so many...I am grateful for the chance to have met so many wonderful friends.

Nemecs.
There was such a greatness in the Nemecs. We had companions for ourselves and our dogs.

The Pet Kennel.
In the event, Dixie needed an extended stay, this was the place to go. I don't have access to such luxury here. I refuse to board Dixie at a Vet in a small room.

Our carpet.
I hate the stuff we have now. This berber crap holds stains like no other, does not allow the vaccuum to pick up the dog hair, and is hard and stupid. Rich and I picked out the most amazingly soft carpet, in a beige color (not freaking white like now!).

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I love this post. I often find myself reminiscing about Lawton. It's crazy that i miss it, because I wasn't all that excited to move there in the first place. However, once I was there it really began to feel like home. I still get a little sad that that part of my life is over...I guess we have some good memories from there though.

Rich Connaroe said...

My biggest take away from this posting is when you said that you refuse to board Dixie in a small room. Sooo...you do still love her! I am glad to see this evidence. I was worried for a minute that you were going to send her packing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails