Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lucas' Room


When we first moved in to our home, Lucas' room was a mix of blue and baseball field green. The colors were great enough to match his bedding, that we left them as is. However, the previous owners had painted a baseball scoreboard on the bottom - featuring the Boston Red Sox.
You can sort of see the lettering at the photo here.
It has always bothered me, but Rich wouldn't let me paint over it.

But he is deployed, so frankly, I did it anyway.


With Lucas in preschool, and Meredith napping, I got to work. Priming, then painting. Two days and the project is complete!

I left the white stripe to separate the two greens. I am not sure if I should have used the blue from the rest of the room instead of the lighter green (leftover from Mere's room), but I am not displeased with the end result.

Also featured is a new storage unit I picked up on sale at Target. I was envious of it in a friend's playroom, and got one that was a bit different - as it has more holes! And it gets all of Lucas' stuff off the floor, with room to grow!

Here he is trying to reach his stuffed animals (I was so tried of picking up those dumb things. He is not even 2 and owns more stuffed animals than I did in my entire lifetime.)














In this photo, please notice the photo frames - (empty, as I haven't decided what to put in them) I picked up the pair - yes, both, for a total of 1.25 at Target as well. Clearance, yet a perfect match to his decor!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

I love it!!! I am so excited about decorating Porter's room so much more than mine :) And, I love that storage set! I think that I might have to invest in it when we get to the next full-time place that we are going (the less for the movers to break the better!)

Oh, and I tried time-out today...not good. He laughed at me and tried to climb out of the chair 10 times. In one minute. It does get better, right???

Sarah-Anne said...

Yay! His room looks great! I like the way you changed it from when I saw it. I've always wanted to paint the places we've lived, but haven't (being in an apartment means I'd paint it once to the colors I want, and then paint it back to white when I move... and I don't really feel like painting twice). And the storage set looks nice, and reachable to him... maybe he'll enjoy helping by putting his toys away :)

Avatr1x said...

Looks Great! I like the light green and the storage unit adds a lot.

Rich Connaroe said...

My favorite part of seeing these pictures is Luc's hair. The way it curls.
Then again, maybe I am so fond of it because I am so paranoid of losing mine...

I like the light green. It looks nice. I was only cautious of painting over the scoreboard because it took someone so long to paint it. But painting things the way that we want is a right. Also, the new paint probably makes the house more marketable...assuming the buyers have a girl...

Related Posts with Thumbnails