Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Popcorn

I have people that come over and respectfully knock because they know I have children. Then there are those who knock, and if I don't answer, they ring the doorbell several times (there is a reason I don't answer the door!)
So when the doorbell rang without a knock first, I wondered who it was and how I could react. I was amazed that someone wanted to talk to me at 8:30 p.m.
So there I was, faced with a boy scout and his mom. I couldn't be mad. He was selling popcorn to support his troop.
I ended up buying some of course...and wondered if I should get more. Tis the season for Christmas gifts. And I am totally not in the mood for shopping this year. I told everyone they were getting giftcards, but a huge tin of popcorn would be so much more fun! But no worries, I didn't buy you any.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I had the same thing happen...although I don't now about yours, but ours was just microwave popcorn and I wasn't so happy that I spent $14 on one box. At least we are supporting a good organization though.

Robyn said...

I thought that you might like this site: http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ They do weekly deals at CVS, and I know how much you love CVS!!

Rich Connaroe said...

I suppose the scout did well in our neighborhood. I wonder to whom we will be giving popcorn...

Related Posts with Thumbnails